It's MID JULY - halfway through summer – and that means our kiddos are almost back in school – YIPPIE....whoops did I just say that out loud?! But....that also means we have only a few weeks to soak up the rest of summer before the leaves start the fall, the weather starts to shift, and the sun begins to set on Summer '18.
Here are a few ways to make sure you are squeezing out the most out of your summer in Loudoun County!
- Tarara Winery
- Penny Tastings every Saturday & Sunday from 11am - 12pm: Enjoy 6 tastings of wine for a single copper penny!!!
- Tarara Concert Series every Saturday in August: If you haven't hit up the Tarara Concert Series yet....you are truly missing out. I went just last week and it was absolutely fabuloud. Take the whole family or make it date night! Let yourself soak in a beautiful summer evening, listening to awesome music, surrounded by the gorgeous VA landscape, and sip on delicious local wine! A perfect way to spend your Saturday in the summertime. Check out their website for a full their full line up.
- Social House Brunch
- Have the in laws in town for the weekend? Don't wake up early on Sunday and bother yourself cooking a big breakfast! Head down to one of my favorite local gems Social House for an amazing meal! Your friends and family will thank you, I guarantee it (plus no clean up necessary!). Check out their website to take a look at their mouthwatering menu!
- Family Drive in Theatre
- If you and the family are up for taking a little drive to Stephens City, VA you can show your kids a taste of the old-school with a real-life Drive in Movie Theatre! This awesome venue is sure to bring back feelings of nostalgia, and I guarantee you will utter the phrase "when I was your age" at least 5 times - haha. Even more exciting is that the owners are proud to offer super affordable prices – two first run films per night for each patron for one low admission price. Check their website for showtimes!
- Boots, Booze, and BBQs
- If you are looking to squeeze in one more outdoor festival this Summer, I have a great one for you! Loudoun Station and Blackfinn Ameripub are hosting an awesome event Saturday, August 11th from 9am - 9pm. Tickets will include BBQ themed food, kids entertainment and gaming until 1pm, adult friendly games , and plenty of local live music all day long! Check Blackfinns facebook page for tickets and event information!
No matter where you decide to go, or what you decide to do - as long as you are surrounded by family and friends you are blessed. Please remember to always support local and #loveloudoun.
Happy Summer everyone!