The real estate market is still experiencing low inventory. - but Fall is only a few short weeks away and a great time to sell your home! I know we will all miss the long, sunny, lazy, days of summer. But we have so much to look forward to - getting the kids ready for Halloween and trick or treating with the neighborhood, cheering on the Skins and spending the Holidays with friends and family, and of course snowflakes that fall on our nose and eyelashes! The Fall is one of the most beautiful seasons in our area and although I am not ready to trade in my bathing suit for a pea coat, it is one of my favorite seasons for selling real estate.
Here are a few tips to to prepare your home for the fall selling season.
- Maintain your curb appeal. Trim back the trees from the front of your home. Edge and mulch the flower beds.
- Keep holiday decorations appropriate and to a minimum. Using decor from nature is a great way to incorporate some seasonal flair that is appropriate for all audiances
- Your furnace should be cleaned and inspected 2 x per year. Once in the spring and once in the fall. Remember to change all of the filters and don’t forget to clean/dust the returns.
- Have your windows and screens cleaned
- Have the chimney cleaned and inspected
- Organize and sweep out the garage
- Update the look of your bedroom and bathrooms with fresh linens
- Add a little pop to the family room furniture with colorful pillows and a throw
Many buyers transferring into the DMV are looking to be in their new home before the holidays. Getting your home on the market just after the Labor Day weekend should be your goal for the fall selling season.
Happy Fall Y’all!